Holy oh-my-gosh! He actually updated something!!!
Yes, lo and behold, I have actually started working on this thing again. I spent about 2 hours (I know, not a whole lot of time) doing some woodwork for the framing of the wall. I made some decent progress, especially considering there hasn't been any for about 5 months.
I had decided way-back-when that the 3" high outside wall boards I had purchased just weren't going to cut the mustard and bought a whole bunch of 4" high pieces. I spent all of my time today cutting the 4" pieces to match and replace all the 3" pieces I already had cut.
Then I started assembling an entire pixel row (in total, consisting of 3 outside pieces, 1 inside piece, and 1 floor piece). It's not the best construction, but I tried some things out and figure out what will and won't work. I used small brads to nail the outside pieces to the floor piece (seeing as the floor piece is plywood and not thick at all). This only worked "OK", as the plywood split very easily. I may have to find another method of attaching them all together.
For attaching the internal board to the floor board, I used 4 angle brackets. Perhaps it's a little overkill, but at this point, it's all just testing anyway. The end product isn't horrible and makes me feel like I've actually accomplished something, rather than just cutting random pieces of wood.
Stay tuned!! Please!!