Construction and Testing
I now have 3 pieces of wood attached to each other. These are the real-deal pieces and I've taken great care in aligning them and making sure that all the nail holes are correct before doing it. I used wood glue along the floor plywood and outer wall joint as nails really aren't enough. On the inner wall connection, I've only used 4 L-brackets without any glue, as I need these sections to be able to be disassembled (for now). At this point, I just need to start cutting more floor plywood pieces so I can continue.
I've done a bit more testing on my soldered uC board tonight. I soldered on the reset switch, ISP switch, and USB unload switch and verified that Windows can recognize it when I perform the correct switch incantation ritual. The uC programming software correctly connects to it and I've successfully programmed code to the device. Whee, yet another hurdle checked off.
I also extended the LED blinking program (BLINKY) to send signals to all 32 I/O ports available (the P4.1 & P4.2 are used solely for the TWI) and verified with LEDs that they all work. So far, so good.
The only major things I haven't tested yet are the ADCs. I have a bunch more to do, like get the TWI working with the driver boards, so I have a bit of testing yet to do before I get to that stage. As a simple test of the ADCs, what I've envisioned is just hooking up LEDs to each I/O port and then have it be a 32-position bar chart, displaying the values returned by the ADC. I can then test this on each of the channels of both chips (there are 8 channels per chip).
Progress marches on!