Lack of Updates
Well, seeing as how I completely missed July for postings, I feel it necessary to post now before I completely miss August as well, if even just to make a post about nothing.
Not much has happened with progress since June, because of several reasons. There was about 2 weeks of vacation and work travel in the middle, I changed jobs, and just have been generally not feeling anxious to work on things during the summer in a studio without air conditioning. It's in a basement, which helps the heat a bit, but it's still quite humid there. Perhaps I'll have to pick up a cheap dehumidifier.
However, there has been a little progress. I've been making some headway into the lighted sign construction for Altered Esthetics. Right now, I've got a simple exterior box, and I'm currently working on attaching the floor to it. That doesn't sound like much, but the box is 36" square, and the foam core I'm working with is only 30"x20". This leaves quite a few seams to join everything together. For the exterior walls, I used hot glue to attach the pieces to each other. For the joints on the corners, as well as seaming together the interior floor, I've just been using painter's tape. I'll see if something more permanent (or less blue) is going to be required. I hope not, because the tape is really handy.
I will get some pictures the next time I work on it, I swear!
Until next time...